Brave & Foolhardy
North Country Stew
- 1/2 – 3/4 package of thick slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- 8-10 oz. sausage links, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 4 cups cooked wild rice (1 box of Uncle Ben’s or the like)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In small sauce pan, cook wild rice per directions on box.
- In large skillet, cook bacon, sausage and onion until bacon is crisp, then drain into a paper towel.
- In large sauce pan, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.